If you hope to succeed as an online marketer, you are going to have to commit yourself to doing tons and tons of writing. Your business’s articles, web pages, press releases, autoresponders and all other marketing materials aren’t going to write themselves. If you don’t have time to write or you absolutely hate the process of writing, you’re not alone. Most business owners that do their own online marketing don’t always have time to write a text message let alone an entire well-researched article. This is why it becomes imperative to find a team of professional and skilled writers who can crank out the content you need. Don’t just choose any writer for the job. You must be very selective if you want to maximize your success. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect writer for the job.
When looking for a writer, you will want to look for those writers that are skilled and experienced in writing for your very niche. If you run a hardware store, you will want to hire writers that have written for your audience before, or an audience just like yours. There are a few reasons for this. For example, niche-specific writers:
- Know the Lingo: Your audience will know the difference between someone who has worked in your niche before and those who are faking it. A writer who is experienced in the water purification field will know the difference between potable and non-potable water, for instance. A skilled writer will speak your audience’s language and that’s the writer you want to hire.
- Know Your Audience: Someone who has written for your niche before will know your audience’s goals, they’re problems and the solutions they desperately want. This allows the writer to speak directly to the audience’s emotions, which is essential for success.
- Require Minimal Research: If a writer already has experience in a field, that writer is less likely to charge outrageous fees for research. The writer will already know the ins and outs of the field and this can go a long way towards crafting valuable copy that your audience truly responds.
- Remain Up-To-Date: Writers who are used to writing for your field likely keep abreast of the latest developments, news and updates so that they can remain relevant in their field.
Niche-specific writers aren’t difficult to find. The following will give you some tips on how to find highly-skilled writers in your niche.
- Popular Forums: No matter your niche, there is a forum out there that is frequented by like-minded people. You may have used such a forum for research in the past. These message boards are perfect for finding people who not only know the industry inside and out, by they’re also skilled writers. Pay attention to your favorite posters and then send each one a message asking if they’d like to join your writing team. You may soon have a pool of experts at your disposal who are ready to craft all the high-quality content you need to propel your marketing efforts past the competition and beyond.
- LinkedIn: The world’s largest social network for professionals is another great place to find experts in your field, who are also excellent writers. LinkedIn has a question and answer section and there are questions related to nearly all fields and they’re all updated daily. Pay attention to the experts in your field and send each one a message asking if they’d like to join your content writing team.
LinkedIn is also a great place to search for freelance writers in all fields. You can peruse their resumes, their portfolios and read their reviews and testimonials.
Samples And Resume/CV
Whether you create your own ads or you approach experts in your field, you should make sure they are indeed qualified for the job. The best way to find out if a writer is qualified is to ask for small samples of the person’s work and their resume or CV. If you’ve already seen this information on LinkedIn or you’ve seen the person’s writing in postings and you’re satisfied without seeing samples, you can skip this step. For many, this will provide peace of mind that the writer is indeed niche-specific.
Reliability Is Key
Don’t assume that, because a writer is skilled, that writer is reliable. Unfortunately, you can’t determine who is reliable and who’s not without actually hiring the writer on. You can read online reviews to see if the writer has ever scammed or skipped out on anyone in the past. For the most part, you want to hire hungry writers that will always come through within budget and by the deadline. If you can find hard-working writers who are also niche-specific and highly-skilled, your Internet marketing presence will be one to be reckoned with, for sure.
Just be sure you compensate your writers fairly so that they will continue to produce great content for you for years to come.